Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I accept that challenge

I am a blog addict. I read many blogs everyday and chat online about them with my cyber friends. Lately I've had enough. It seems to me that everyone posts about their perfect families and perfect houses and perfect lives and I'm here to say NOBODY's life is that perfect all the time. So, after complaining to my BFF Kim this morning she sent me this challenge:


CHALLENGE

I challenge you to write a blog about your life. For people to get to know Lisa. I challenge you to post twice a week and share a recipe one of those posts! Some of us need to read an uplifting blog about a "normal" person with a normal family and it's everyday challenges. No family is perfect. There............................


Well Kim, I accept that challenge.

So for a first post I'll list my accomplishments as I see them.

First of all I love to scrapbook but only for my own enjoyment. I don't submit layouts, I don't teach classess and I don't read "certain" message boards.

I feed my family dinner most every night but the meals, for the most part, would not be considered homemade. I am working on that and am learning to enjoy preparing a meal.

I have been married 22 years to my high school sweetheart and not all of them have been rosy. I am the mother of two teenage boys 16 and 14. My 14 year old is actually pretty close to perfect, okay so I'm biased, and my 16 year old makes me laugh but gives me my gray hairs!

I am born and raised in Indiana with a too brief layover in Tampa, Florida. I'm now back in Indiana where my entire family lives within miles of each other.

So here is my recipe. It's a simple one that I learned in the cooking classes that my husband and I are currently taking. Perfect for Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Dip

1-5 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
1-15 oz. can solid packed pumpkin
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/8 t. ground allspice
8 oz. cool whip
Add milk to vanilla pudding according to package directions. Whip in brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg for 2 minutes, until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in whipped cream until combined. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Keep cold until serving time. Serve with cinnamon graham crackers, gingersnaps, sliced apples or other sliced fruits. Yield about 3 cups.

Enjoy!

I am aware that I am less than some people prefer me to be. But most people are unaware that I am so much more than what they see. - Douglas Pagels

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Hey Lisa!

I'm glad to see you accepted Kim's challenge!

I know what you mean about all those perfect women you read about on their blogs. I know when I write my posts on my blog, I try to focus on the positive or fun part of my life. I also share the real side of my life too...maybe not as much because I really don't want to dwell on my pile of laundry in the basement or the bills that need juggled or the weight I need to lose. I also write my blog to document our family life and give my views on things...just in case anything would happen to me before my daughter has grown, she'll know how I feel about things by my blogging.

Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello. You'll see we all aren't perfect. Heck, if you look in my archives, I think I even posted a picture of my cluttered basement one time. Of course this was in hopes of shaming me to clean it. I did but guess what? It's worse now than in that picture!

Have Fun with your new blog! I'll be reading!

Kim said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Lisa. Can't wait for you to post some of your recipes that you are learning/getting in your cooking class.