Thursday, October 14, 2010

And they said it wouldn't last!

On October 5th Mark and I celebrated 25 years of marriage.  I clearly remember our 5th anniversary and thinking 7 years seems so long!  But, boy, did those years fly by.  2 boys, 8 houses and 2 relocations later, I can honestly say I would do it all over again.

On our 10th anniversary our boys were 3 and 4 years old and we didn't want to go too far away or stay away too long.  So we chose to make a weekend trip to Saugatuck, Michigan.  We stayed in a charming Bed & Breakfast and had a wonderful time.

For our 25th we always thought we would take some fabulous trip somewhere exotic.  However, the reality is that our boys are now a senior in high school and a sophomore in college.  Next spring break we plan to take a fabulous FAMILY vacation to the caribbean.  Therefore we decided to once again to take a weekend trip back to Saugatuck!

This time I rented a charming 1880's farmhouse located just a few blocks from downtown.  The location was perfect and the home was as cute as can be.  However, just before leaving town I came down with a raging case of bronchitis (I'm still taking meds for it!) and while it did put a damper on the trip we still enjoyed our time alone.

Here are some pictures of the house.  Mark made good use of the kitchen, cooking all our meals while I napped in the family room.  Have a mentioned that I love this man?











On Sunday morning before we headed home we drove to downtown Saugatuck and took some photos of the main street.  The shopping in this town is fantastic.  I can't wait to return when I feel better.  Maybe at Christmas time.








One last stop at this farm stand and we headed home.



It was a great, relaxing time together.  Here's to 25 more blissful years!

No comments: